St. Silas' Anglican Church
on the corner of Main Street and Launching Place Road, a wholly, wooden church
built by the local congregation in 1905.
Brick clad in the 1960's to preserve the exterior woodwork, St. Silas' remained the centre of local Anglican worship until some time in the 1980's
Following the forest fire
disasters in 1983 a new Anglican church was built in Cockatoo; a nearby
This new church attracted a significant congregation which, sadly for Gembrook, resulted in St. Silas' being closed after 89 years.
Inspired by the purchase of the premises by a generous, dedicated, local philanthropist in 1994, St. Silas's again became a local church in its own right.